The age of the smart system is officially upon us. It’s revolutionising how we live our everyday lives with the help of technology. A smart lighting system is a great addition to your living space. It will greatly help you find your way in and out of your home without fumbling in the dark. If you’re coming home late at night from work because you can simply command your light to turn it on for you.
Smart lights are similar to the traditional light bulb. The only exception with smart lighting systems is that they can be controlled remotely through mobile apps, voice or Bluetooth. The smart lighting system is a good way to start your home automation journey. If you’re interested in integrating smart technology into your home; a smart lighting system is your first step towards adopting new home innovations.
Types of Smart Lighting
- Bluetooth capable. Although you can easily tap into your mobile device, it has a limited range which limits lighting control.
- Wi-Fi enabled. Allows easy access and control with the lights in any location. You can connect to hubs and other devices through your router.
How to Choose the Best Smart Light?
If you’re convinced in upgrading your outdated lighting system. There are things you need to consider before you buy your first smart lights. This will guide you in choosing the best from a wide array of smart lights out there in the market. Initially, smart lights will cost more than a regular bulb. However, its benefits are significantly unmatched that can offset your initial costs in the long run.
- Choose the right platform. To ensure that you have the right setup, look for a smart lighting system with the best platform. A smart light is more than just illuminating your living space or programming when to turn on and off the lights.
A smart light with the right platform can handle different devices, capable of operating in different home control point and other smart security systems that you might want to connect later on.
- Smart lights with a hub. Since smart light uses wireless transmission, you will need a Wi-Fi hub to send and receive the right signals to your router going to your cloud.
How it works: Plug the hub into the router. Then, it will translate the right signals to your home network.
- Energy and cost-efficient. Smart lights may sound expensive. Compared to a regular bulb, smart lights are less expensive than any incandescent light. LEDs are designed to last for years. Not only it will save you dollars from buying incandescent bulbs from time to time; you’ll save some energy cost as well.
- Smart light that promotes better sleep. Our brain is sensitive to light. With smart lights, you can easily set the light in stimulating your brain to gradually help ease you out from your bed especially in the morning.
- Long-lasting. Most smart lights last longer than any regular bulb since they’re in the form of CFL or LED. Usually, LED or CFL have 25,000 hours of light life. Let’s say you use it 5 hours per day multiply it for a year. It will take 13 years to replace your LED light.
- Increased home security measures. As mentioned earlier, you have to choose the right smart light with the best platform. Because there are smart lighting systems that include safety and security measures such as motion-detection feature. You can have it programmed to any of your portable devices to send motion alerts in real-time.
Although it’s not hard to choose the right smart lighting system. It does pay off to familiarise yourself on what are the necessary things to consider when buying the best smart lighting for your home. Don’t stress yourself out; call the best IT experts in Sydney to give you the best smart automation system advice for your home.
If you want to get the best value out of your hard-earned money, Technology On Tap provides high-quality automation systems all across Sydney. We specialise in home, building and commercial automation. We provide the best IT solutions to enhance your lifestyle comfortably and efficiently.
Give us a call a