Commercial automation has so many benefits to offer your business, such as convenience, increased productivity, safety, and security, to name a few. Aside from that, it can also help your business generate savings by reducing your building’s energy consumption and operating and maintaining costs. Because of its manifold advantages, many Australian businesses and corporations have been converting their offices and commercial establishments into smart buildings.
As a business owner, you certainly don’t want to lag behind your competitors in terms of technological advancements. If you’re exploring and considering automation for your commercial establishment, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s everything you need to know to get started with commercial automation.
What is Commercial Automation?
Commercial automation is the automatic centralised control of your building’s smart electrical and mechanical equipment such as the lighting, HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), access control, and security systems. Thus, you can monitor, regulate, and change the settings of all these smart devices with just a few taps on your smart device or tablet.
Components of Commercial Building Automation
You can set up your commercial automation system during the construction of your building or after it has been constructed. The following are the main components of a commercial automation system.
- Sensors – these devices monitor the surroundings and transmit the data to centralised controllers. Modern sensors can now detect a wide range of conditions in your building such as temperature, lighting level, and the number of people in a room.
- Controllers – This acts as the command centre of your smart building. After obtaining information from the sensors, controllers will then send commands to the output devices.
- Smart Devices – these are the output devices that interpret the command from the controllers. Popular smart equipment and devices employed in commercial automation systems are lighting, air conditioners, humidifiers, CCTVs, thermostats, and smart locks.
- Communication protocols – commercial automation systems use a language protocol to communicate with each of the connected smart devices. The most commonly used protocols in building automation are BACnet and Modus.
- User Interface – this allows your building administrator to access, monitor, and control your commercial building automation system, so they can override settings manually when needed.
What Are The Things You Can Automate In Your Commercial Building
Clipsal C-Bus automation is the highest level of commercial automation available for your establishment. With this, you can automate almost everything in your office you can think of. Some equipment and devices you can integrate into your commercial building automation are:
- Audio and TV systems
- CCTV and security cameras
- Alarm systems
- Air Conditioning and heating
- Blinds and windows
- Access Doors and Garage Doors
- Motion and occupancy sensors
- Energy metering monitors
Things to Consider in Commercial Automation
Before you begin automating your commercial building, here are a few things you have to consider.
Will it satisfy your occupants’ needs?
You have to make sure that you achieve the goal of commercial building automation for the sake of your occupants. That means you have to target their needs by installing automated devices that will make their work easier and more efficient as well as provide them with comfort and convenience in the workplace.
Can they easily access and use the system?
Your building and facilities manager must easily access, monitor, and control your commercial building automation system through their smart devices. To make that possible, you have to ensure that your user interface is understandable and that the user can easily find and adjust the settings that need changes.
Will commercial automation provide sustainable ROIs?
Check whether commercial automation is a good investment or not. Determine the price and time it takes to automate your building now and how long it will take before you can generate savings and other ROIs. It’d be best to prioritise automating areas that will return significant results in the shortest amount of time.
Building automation can change the way you and your employees operate in your workplace. With just a few taps on your screen, you can easily monitor and control your smart office equipment and devices so you can focus on more important tasks. Thus, commercial building automation can increase your business’ efficiency and productivity so you can outrank your competition.
The Best Commercial Automation Service Provider in Sydney
Technology on Tap understands exactly your commercial building automation needs. That’s why our team of IT experts is committed to providing you with expert-quality commercial automation using our Clipsal C-Bus automation system and our top-notch technology and smart systems. With our skills and expertise, we will help you achieve a convenient, comfortable, energy-efficient, secured, and safe workplace.
Feel free to call us today at 0295 171 726.