Back in the day, the home security system is hardwired. Most of the time, technicians will open up the wall to run the wires. These wires connect all the necessary peripheral requirements such as a keypad, sensor, and camera for the security system to work. In case you need to call for maintenance, alterations and upgrades, the technician will have to open and take it out again.
With a wireless home alarm system, it eliminates the need to run the wires across your home to connect all the necessary peripheral devices. As they say, gone are the hardwired days because everything is now connected to one main control panel. And that’s how a wireless home alarm system became popular to every household considering its remarkable benefits, convenience and accessibility.
How it works: Wireless Home Alarm System
A wireless home alarm system is powered up by a battery. It eliminates the need to hardwire and open up your walls to connect to the power source and the necessary peripheral components. Also, the wireless home alarm system has a dedicated cellular connection in case you experience a power outage or intermittent connection.
To keep your home security device working, check your batteries regularly to ensure it has enough power to keep your home alarm system operating 24/7.
Advantages of a Wireless Home Alarm System
- Security. Unlike the traditional wired security system, your power and internet connection is accessible and can be disarmed conveniently by any unwanted visitors.
With a wireless home alarm system, it’s more reliable because it has a dedicated secure cellular connection. Therefore, you don’t need to worry when the power and internet services will go out.
Also, it’s a battery-powered device that enables real-time alerts 24/7. It allows you to be aware and take action anytime for any vulnerabilities in your surroundings. Always check your batteries periodically.
- Remote access. The wireless home alarm system allows you to access and monitor your security system through a computer, tablet and even your smartphone. It allows you to keep track of all sorts of movement in and out of your residence. It’s one of the most valuable benefits because it gives you peace of mind. Knowing that even if you’re away from home, your place is secured.
- Portable. In case your family decides to move out from your current residence, you can easily grab and pack your security system at any given time. Because your home alarm system is not hardwired, this doesn’t necessitate you to remove its accessories such as the camera, detectors and other peripheral components.
- Flexible and easy installation. If you frequently move from one place to another, you can easily set up the device by yourself. It will only take minutes to remove and install your wireless alarm system to your new location. You can also expand and add another device to your security system. For instance, there’s a baby on the way and you want to add or install a camera to your child’s nursery.
- Affordable. Back in the day, a wireless security system is expensive. However, as the technology industry grows and continues to expand, people can now choose from a plethora of technological innovations from one brand to another. And it came to the point where wireless alarm systems are becoming more affordable than the traditional wired security system.
Therefore giving people the freedom to install the device by themselves without the assistance of an experienced technician.
The wireless home alarm system is the foundation of a truly smart home. The coverage of its security system is remarkable that makes your home safe and technologically advanced. With a wireless home alarm system, it eliminates the need to open up your wall, let the wires run across your home and patch or tape the wires once it’s done.
Technology On Tap wants to ensure high-level home security while you’re sleeping and even if you’re away from home. You can depend on us to provide high-quality home automation services at a reasonable price because we believe that security and safety should be accessible to everyone.
Don’t compromise the safety and security of your family. Give us a call today at 02 9517 1726 and experience a remarkable smart home automation system solutions by Technology On Tap.